If there is anything event organizers know today, it is that virtual and hybrid events are effective in increasing revenue and tracking key metrics. However, turning a multi-day conference into a virtual event can seem an uphill task, especially if you are doing it for the first time. There are so many unanswered questions. How do you maximize attendance and participation? What are the best ways to engage your attendees? Can a virtual event platform help you plan memorable events? How do you make your events stand out from the mundane online presentations and webinars?
The reality of virtual events is that they require the same level of attention as an in-person event. In this blog, we will cover:
- Types of Virtual Events
- Top 3 Reasons to Host Virtual Events
- Benefits of Virtual Event App
- 10 Features of Virtual Event App
3 Types of Virtual Events
Virtual events can be broadly classified into three main categories, including:
- Webinars: an online event that lasts anywhere between 45 and 80 minutes and includes one speaker presenting content to attendees. Webinars are usually hosted using an online video conferencing solution that offers basic features such as Q&A, polling, etc.
- Virtual Conferences: Similar to in-person events, virtual conferences comprise an elaborate agenda that has sessions, breakouts, keynotes, and presentations. They are usually hosted using a virtual event app that can not only capture leads but provide networking and engagement opportunities.
- Hybrid Events: As the name suggests, hybrid events combine in-person and virtual events. For creating such events, planners require a sophisticated virtual event app or solution that can help plan the entire show from a single virtual event platform. These are suitable for businesses that want to expand their reach and invite attendees who might not be able to physically attend.
Top 3 Reasons to host Virtual Event
Like its offline counterpart, online events are hosted for the same reasons: to deliver the brand message, generate leads, and drive revenue. Event organizers have an option to choose between face-to-face, hybrid, or virtual events, and each has its advantages and disadvantages. Some reasons to host virtual events are:
- Accessible to a larger audience and increase registrants.
- Save money and time spent on accommodation and travel.
- Gather powerful data on attendee behaviour
Virtual Event App: Best Way to Plan Events
Virtual event apps are your best bet to save money on logistical costs and drive revenue through sponsorships. It helps you manage content, keep attendees engaged and collect valuable data. Other benefits of using a virtual event app include:
- Save or eliminate the cost of printing and send all content digitally to participants.
- Get maximum digital exposure and boost your event ROI by opening endless possibilities for sponsors to reach a global audience.
- Gain flexibility in hosting various event types, including multi-day conferences, town halls, and meetings, with ease.
- Ensure unmatched networking with features such as speed networking, clubhouse-style meeting rooms, business matchmaking, etc.
10 Features of Virtual Event Apps
Virtual event apps are highly customizable to suit the company’s branding. It helps create branded websites, branded meeting rooms, in-app networking, customized registration, and profiling, etc.
Automation can save a lot of time while planning events. That is why automating tasks, such as sending automated replies to attendees, is a must in virtual event apps. Virtual event platforms or apps should allow you to save time on uploading content and intuitively create registration pages.
Integration is important for any software to effectively plan and promote your events. Virtual event management platforms are usually integrated with various apps to help you manage data from a single place and track everything easily.
For an in-person event feeling in a digital world, make sure your app allows you to create different event spaces such as lobby, clubhouse-style meeting rooms, exhibit halls, networking spaces, breakout areas, etc.
A virtual event app is not an expense if you know how to monetize it properly. Monetizing the app for sponsors’ ads and sales can increase your event ROI. A virtual event app should allow you to display sponsor ads on websites, the app homepage, networking rooms, etc.
Host live sessions and upload pre-recorded content to maximize attendee engagement. This is particularly helpful when a speaker fails to turn up last-minute due to unforeseen circumstances. In such a scenario, uploading pre-recorded content can be your plan B and keep your event alive!
A must-have for any virtual tradeshow or conference, live broadcasting gives you the power to highlight a keynote speaker or a critical session. It helps create a sense of urgency and sparks curiosity among participants. By leveraging features like Q&A and live polling, attendees are engaged while delivering your brand message.
Social Media Integration:
In a digitally connected world, social media can easily change the course of your event’s success. Integrate your virtual event app with social media channels to engage attendees, promote the event and analyze important data to create buzz before, during, and after the event.
Choose an event app that can integrate with other solutions to offer several networking features in one place. Providing effortless networking opportunities through clubhouse-style meeting rooms, polling, in-app chatting, group messaging, surveys, or even speed networking apps can take attendee engagement to the next level.
Data and Reporting:
You cannot improve what you can’t measure is true for virtual event apps. That is why robust reporting is an important feature to have in your app, which should provide a 360-degree view of your event. The virtual event app should help you track data in real-time and have multiple dashboards to make quick decisions and help you better plan your future events.
We hope that our blog gave you a basic understanding of virtual event apps and why you need to focus on them while creating your next event. Empowered with the right technology, you can not only generate leads but drive event ROI. Over to you now!