FRP, otherwise known as Factory Reset Protection Lock or iCloud Lock is a security feature put in place by Google and Apple respectively to prevent combat fraudulent activities that may undermine factory reset options. Unfortunately, users of android devices as well as iOS users have witnessed a series of challenges using this feature, especially for people who forgot their login details or bought a secondhand phone. Consequently, developers across the globe have come up with several solutions such as DroidKit, to help smartphone users remove FRP, a process popularly known as FRP bypass.
Scenarios That Require The Removal Of FRP Lock
As mentioned earlier, several situations require users of android devices to remove FRP lock on their smartphone. One of such scenarios is forgotten account details or login details. In such a situation, users often require a third-party solution to get access to their device and its content.
Another scenario that often requires people to implement FRP bypass is purchasing a secondhand device. The case is similar to acquiring a smartphone with an unknown Google account logged in. Consequently, the user of such a device will need to use a FRP bypass tool to fully use the device.
How To Remove FRP Lock On Android Device
The aforementioned scenarios are two of the several factors that lead to the removal of FRP on an android device. In a related development, a number of methods have been developed to help android users get optimal functionality of their device.
Using FRP Bypass APK
FRP Bypass APK is designed as a tool that can be used on Google for situations where case logins cannot be recovered. The app deletes the Google account synced in the Android device, ultimately unlocking it in easy steps as highlighted below:
- Download the FRP bypass APK file by clicking the source link above.
- Copy the .apk file to a flash drive/USB.
- Open the device with the FRP issue and connect the flash drive and mobile device through a USB on-the-go (OTG) cable to pull up a file explorer directly from the device.
- Go to Settings to turn on the unknown sources option.
- Install the file to the device with the FRP issue.
- Open the app and go to the settings menu upon the completion of installation
- Tap on the backup and reset option.
- Finally, tap on factory data reset and the confirm button to complete the process.
Despite the increasing popularity of using FRP bypass APK, the method tends to be cumbersome, as Google continues to add extra protocols and advancements to the FRP tool. Other drawbacks to using the method include its relatively unfriendly nature, especially for persons with limited tech skills as well as possible security threats from downloading and installing an APK file outside Google Play store, with no guarantee of success rate.
Using Droidkit To Remove FRP Lock
DroidKit has been described by many as a solution to the challenges that come with the FRP Bypass APK method. The user-friendly tool offers an easy-to-navigate interface that allows users, irrespective of their tech-savviness, to remove FRP lock. The tool has become increasingly popular over the years, offering a simple and secure way of removing FRP, without requiring users to download any risky APK file. DroidKit also has a reputation for a high success rate to remove FRP for supported Android phones.
- open the DroidKit app on computer or Mac
- Click on Bypass FRP Lock to open the Bypass FRP Lock screen.
- connect phone with PC or Mac and click on Start to put phone into the Recovery Mode
- From the Recovery Screen, select the version of Android the phone is running, choose the corresponding from the list
- Follow the steps shown on the screen and click on Next to start the bypassing process.
- The FRP lock has been bypassed successfully.
For more information about DroidKit and how to use it to bypass FRP lock, visit YouTube.